Free Grooveshark Anywhere
Welcome to the FreeFlamingo guide on how to get a Grooveshark Anywhere account. For many you will have been searching the web to get your hands on Grooveshark Anywhere, but didn't like the idea of paying for it. You've come to the right place, as we can get your anywhere subscription in your hands, totally free.
Simply follow the steps above to get your hands on a free Grooveshark Anywhere subscription.
What is Grooveshark Anywhere?
As the music streaming market is getting ever more popular, the presence of Grooveshark is increasing all the time. Currently standing as the largest streaming service online, Grooveshark has a catalogue of many millions of songs, all of which are free to listen to. For more information on, see the Grooveshark Anywhere
Grooveshark is available as both a free browser, a desktop client, and available on the following mobile platforms:
The desktop app is free to use, however for mobile devices you will need to pay for a Grooveshark Anywhere subscription, or get it for free using our guide.
Grooveshark Anywhere news
CEO of TuneCore has slammed Grooveshark
for not paying the artists for music streaming. He claims they are essentially giving away free music to Grooveshark subscribers.
After huge legal battles, Grooveshark have now had their licensing contract terminated
by music giant EMI. That leaves all 5 major music labels without a license for Grooveshark to stream music. Despite this, the service remains online, and artists are still not getting royalties for users listening to their songs.
In order to raise revenues, Grooveshark have announced an ad supported version
, as well as their Anywhere premium service. Although this gives users either a free or paid option, it does mean the latter will now have to suffer from intrusive ads on their music stream sessions.
Why is Grooveshark not free?
As with any online service, Grooveshark serves as a business that ultimately has to make money. The main way of making money is by charging users for their Grooveshark Anywhere package, which is around $9 per month. However, a lot of people expect to get a lot in life for free, including their music. So an ad supported version is available at no cost, however it will serve adverts every few minutes to those listening. If the premium service was provided at no cost, then Grooveshark would be making a loss, and eventually lead to it closing down completely.
Is the streaming model the way forward?
We've seen some huge changes in the music and film industry, particularly swayed by the direction in which the download/internet presence is having on unit sales. Different content distribution methods have been tried: box office, retail units, promotional DVDs, DVD rentals, pay per view, and pay per period for streaming. Let's take a look at some of the failures:
- Once the pinnacle of retail evening entertainment, the rental DVD model soon died out, casuing the chain to go bust.
- Although taken over by Amazon, the rental DVD via post model is slowing down, and users are seeking different alternatives for movies.
- One of the most popular online services, breaking out into the UK market with great popularity. Pay monthly with unlimited home streaming.
You can see the direction movie viewing is going, and the results are similar in the audio world:
- Once of the biggest successes of the high street, ailing sales have caused HMV to close stores across the country, and rely on other sources than CDs for their primary income stream.
- Again, a success of it's time, but the buggy software and lack of catalogue caused this free and paid streaming service to fall into disrepair.
- Currently the largest music streaming service one earth - definitely the number one choice.
Trends are clearly leaning towards a subscription based streaming model, which is exactly what Spotify Premium provides you with. But - premium code or free? The choice is up to you.
Spotify Premium vs Grooveshark
One of the best ways to decide whether or not spotify premium code is worth the money, is to compare it to the next best streaming service: Grooveshark. Both offer high quality streaming for both free and paid subscriptions, and both are available on mobile. But looking at the pros and cons of each, which one comes out trumps?
Grooveshark boasts the following:
- Unlimited size library (users can upload their own songs or media content for free, meaning the library is growing by the minute).
- Advanced mobile app with next and last song queuing, offline songs, favourites, playlists and radio stations.
- Great online users interfact without the need to download software.
- Free song streaming on the desktop version.
But where is Grooveshark let down?
- The desktop app is flash/adobe air based, and very buggy/slow.
- Some poor quality tracks are uploaded, as users can upload any song they wish.
- The app is only available on iPhoen via Cydia, on jailbroken devices
So, where does Spotify premium shine over Grooveshark?
- All tracks are in the highest streaming bitrate possible.
- The company is stable, and likely to be around for years to come, unlike Grooveshark who are in legal disputes.
- The app is available for free via iOS.
- Free spotify premium codes can be redeemed for free access to the mobile app.
In conclusion, it's clear to see both services have their down points. But overall, unless you get Spotify for free with a premium code, it's worth paying the subscription to Grooveshark. Definitely recommended!
How to get a free Grooveshark Anywhere account
After a good run down of exactly what Grooveshark is, here are a few of the best ways to get your hand on Grooveshark Anywhere, totally free!
Grooveshark helps Japan
In support of the Japan relief, Grooveshark were offering annual Anywhere subscriptions
for just $20. Although not totally free, at les than $2 per month - it may as well be! Subscriptions may have sold out already however.
Complete offers and free trials to get Anywhere
Although a longer process, a lot of websites will offer a free Grooveshark anywhere
subscription for free, simply in exchange for complete offers and trials. It's very easy. You complete an offer, the website gets pays, and then they pass that on to you in the form of a free service (or in this case, subscription). So what are you waiting for, FreeFlamingo offers exactly this!